As the popularity of stone, marble and slate counter tops subsides, designers, builders and homeowners are discovering the attributes of other countertop materials such as quartz, concrete and human-made solid surfaces, all of which may require less care while providing a cleaner more classic appearance. Great design enhances home ownership and property value. Speak with your real estate agent today to learn more about selling or buying your dream home.
Is Home Ownership Right for Me? (Buyer’s checklist)
- Check and correct credit score
- Calculate payments including down payment, and closing costs
- Include applicable attorney’s fees
- Verify enough money for monthly mortgage, moving costs, utilities, insurance and taxes.
- Funds in place for furnishings and any changes you want to make in the new home
- Select Lender
- Lender has calculated loan amount based on your credit score and other financials
- Get written pre-approval letter from lender
- Contact qualified Real estate agent
- Provide agent list of must haves
- Make an offer on the home you like that meets your needs
- Provide strong, good-faith deposit
- Be patient: Receive / make counter offer