When it is time to start finding a house, there are many uncertainties and unknowns, specially the area to choose a home. We’ve all heard the phrase “Location, Location, Location!!!, and it is very true, location is very important, simply because we all would have a preference to live in a specific area of town or community for our own personal reasons, however sometimes, it is not possible due to the price of that specific area or community.
A simple way to broaden your searchable areas when looking for a house is to do the following;
- List all of the areas that you are familiar with and that would be acceptable for you.
- List all of the important factors of your chosen areas, such as schools, commute to work, relatives.
- Speak with your realtor about recent appreciation in those areas.
- Maximize size of house you can buy in best possible neighborhood
- Explore other factors such as, crime rates, city taxes, traffic patterns.
Once you do this, you should have a clearer picture of what areas you want to search when buying a house or condo.